PRIMARY GREATNESS


I've met a veteran politician recently. He was surprised to see that I still active in politics. He advised me to quit politics and focus on my career instead. He said in politics, no one appreciate you, they just want to use you for their own benefit in order to fulfil their interest and to serve their agendas. I just replied back to him saying that's really true. 

After a while, I had an epiphany. Of course, you will be disappointed if your aim is secondary greatness such as power, wealth and popularity. If you strive for primary greatness by practising the lever of service, contribution, responsibility, integrity and character, you will never be disappointed. The reward is when you've made a positive significant change in society and the country. Power, wealth, position and fame are just byproducts that you received along the way. However it is not necessary that people with primary greatness will receive all these byproducts during their lifetime and it doesn't matter for them as long as they achieve peace and satisfaction within themselves. This should be the guiding principles in gaining personal greatness in life for rewards in afterlife. 

This is the definition of a successful life. I couldn't agree more with the late Dr Covey.

Comments