EXAMINING LIFE

Recently, I’ve been interviewed virtually by four very bright engineering students from UniKL. This is a part of their assignment in English Professional Subject; the task is to interview a successful person.

This exercise has made me sharing my previous experiences with them and indirectly examining my past. This is actually a good thing as what Socrates said “The unexamined life is not worth living” or in other words we have to do regular ‘muhasabah’. I told them, success is a journey. We achieve success when we overcome certain challenges at any particular endeavour. We move on from one challenge to another at our own pace. I may have succeeded in my previous ventures but I’m still struggling with my current adventures. In the past, I have failed as much as I succeeded, and people will remember me for my success but my failure has taught me the most.

They also asked me, if I managed to do time travel back to the past, what would I change? I said I won’t change anything, everything happened for a reason which made who I am today. I will keep on redefining my ethos and striving for improvement in the future.

I hope they will continue to uphold the qualities of integrity, sacrifice, responsibility, service, contribution, loyalty and learning throughout their life in order to be known as a person with the principles of Primary Greatness. Secondary Greatness such as power, wealth, fame and position should be the byproducts of practicing those positive qualities and it should not be the first goal priorities.

I wish them all the best in their future undertakings. Thank you for choosing me.



Comments