INTERACTIONS OF THE GREATEST LEADER




888 pages finished. I bought this book for 80 Riyal at Dawah Corner Bookstore which is just few hundred metres from the entrance of Masjidil Haram, Makkah Al-Mukarramah. The book salesman (surprisingly speaking in American English accent) strongly recommended this book to me. It took me more than a year to digest this book. This book brilliantly compiled all the important interactions and dealings of Rasulullah s.a.w with all walks of life including family members, women, friends, neighbours, disabled, hypocrites, elderly, youngsters and even animals.

One example from this book:
Usaamah ibn Zayd, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
“The Prophet of Allaah, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, sent us to fight the tribe of Al-Huraqah, so we attacked and defeated them.
A man from the Ansaar and I followed one of their men, and when we caught up with him he said: ‘There is no one worthy of worship but Allaah!’ At this, the Ansari man stopped, but I stabbed him with my spear until I killed him. When we returned, the news of this reached The Prophet of Allaah, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam.
He, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: ‘O Usaamah! Did you kill him after he said: ‘There is no one worthy of worship but Allaah! What will you do when ‘There is no one worthy of worship but Allaah’ comes to you on the Day of Judgement?’ I said: He was only trying to protect himself!’ He, sallal-laahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, replied: Why did you not rip his heart open to see if he was truthful or not?’ He continued to repeat this until I wished that I had not become Muslim before that day!’”

An-Nawawi, may Allah have mercy upon him, said: “This is an evidence for the well known principle that rulings are based on what is apparent, while Allah will take care of what is hidden in the heart. The meaning of his statement ‘I wished that I had not become Muslim before that day’, is that he wished he had only become Muslim after committing this sin, so that his sin would be wiped out by converting. He said this because of the magnitude of the mistake that he made.”

Moral of the story, we should give benefit of the doubt to what is in other people’s hearts.

Comments